1. As related to internationally adopted (IA) children, what does the acronym CLM stand for and what does it mean?
2. “The pattern of language acquisition in internationally adopted children is often referred to as a second first language acquisition” (Scott et al., 2011). Why?
3. Why CAN’T we treat Internationally Adopted children as bilingual speakers?
4. IA children may present with “normal” language abilities but still display significant difficulties in this area of functioning ___________.
5. Finish the following sentence: “Any child with a known history of speech and language delays in the sending country should _____________________”.
Place your responses under this blog post and number each response for clarity.
The first person to get all answers correct will have their choice of product from my online store.