It is a 45 slide presentation created for speech language pathologists to explain the connection between late language development and the risk of social emotional disturbances in young children 18 months- 6 years of age.
- Explain the connection between late language development and social emotional functioning
- Describe manifestations of emotional behavioral difficulties in young children with language deficits
- List formal and informal assessments relevant to toddlers and preschoolers
- Explain why the warning signs of significant emotional behavioral manifestations in young children warrant a referral to related professionals
- Language impairment and psychiatric comorbidities
- How early do these difficulties show?
- Do the parents always see it?
- are there discrepancies between parents and teachers?
- What should we track with respect to behavior?
- What are some warning signs of behavioral difficulties?
- It’s not just autism that’s a concern
- Common Psychiatric Disorders in Children 2-5 years of age
- Let’s talk personal observations
- Psychiatric Hospital
- Private Practice (with focus on psychiatric disorders)
- Are all language delayed toddlers/preschoolers at risk?
- When do you really see behavior issues in full effect?
- Let’s Talk Assessment
- Preparing for Assessment: Parental Interview
- During the Assessment
- Language Sample and Complex Sentences: Did you know..?
- Narrative Assessment Overview
- Narrative Ages and Stages
- What can narratives yield about the child?
- Standardized Instruments Sensitive to Social Pragmatic Deficits
- Checklists Sensitive to Behavior Difficulties in Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Reviewing the Language Findings
- Comparing Results
- What to do next?
- Helpful Resources
- Contact Information
Click HERE to find this product on sale in my online store for $13.99.