This product was designed to track progress using an RTI approach. It spans about 10 weeks and include the following 18 First Grade Common Core State Standards :
- RF.1.2b Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds, including consonant blends.
- RF.1.2c Isolate and produce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds in single syllable words.
- RF.1.2d Segment spoken single syllable words into their complete sequence of individual sounds.
Conventions of Standard English
- L.1.1b Use common, proper, and possessive nouns.
- L.1.1c Use singular and plural nouns with matching verbs in basic sentences.
- L.1.1d Use personal possessive and indefinite pronouns.
- L.1.1e Use verbs to convey a sense of past, present, and future.
- L.1.1i Use frequently occurring prepositions.
Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- L.1.4a Use sentence level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
- L.1.5a Sort words into categories to gain a sense of the concepts the categories represent.
- L.1.5b Define words by category and by one or more key attributes.
- L.1.5c Identify real-life connections between words and their use.
- L.1.5d Use synonyms of verbs and adjectives.
Speaking and Listening
- SL.1.1 Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about first grade topics and texts with peers and adults in small and large groups.
- SL.1.4 Describe people, places, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.
Key Ideas and Details
- RL.1.1 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- RL.1.2 Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
- RL.1.3 Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.
- State Standard Checklist
- Pre/Post Test
- Daily Workout Sheets
- Note Sheet