Teaching “Insight” to Students with Social Pragmatic and Executive Function Deficits
Earn 18 Reward Points
This thematic 10 page packet was created to target the development of “insight” in students with average IQ, 8+ years of age, presenting with social pragmatic and executive function difficulties.
- Clients with Language Impairments
- Clients with Social Pragmatic Language Difficulties
- Clients with Executive Function Difficulties
- Clients with Psychiatric Impairments
- ODD, ADHD, MD, Anxiety, Depression, etc.
- Clients with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Clients with Nonverbal Learning Disability
- Clients with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Adult and pediatric post-Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) clients
- Clients with right-side CVA Damage
The packet contains 1 page text explaining the concept of insight to students.
It also contains 11 Tier II vocabulary words relevant to the discussion of insight and their simplified definitions. The words were selected based on course curriculum standards for several grade levels (fourth through seventh) due to their wide usage in a variety of subjects (social studies, science, math, etc.)
Language activities in this packet include:
- Explaining definitions
- Answering open-ended comprehension questions
- Sentence construction activity
- Crossword puzzle
- Two morphological awareness activities
- Define prefixes and suffixes
- Change word meanings by adding prefixes and suffixes to words
- Self-reflection page in written format contains questions for students to assist them with judging their own strengths and weaknesses related to academic performance
To read a detailed post, which describes how to use this packet click HERE.
Assessment of Social Communication Deficits in School-Aged ChildrenEarn 34 Reward Points
$16.99 Add to cart
Differential Diagnosis of ADHD in Speech Language PathologyRated 5.00 out of 5Earn 22 Reward Points
$10.99 Add to cart
Social Pragmatic Language: Multiple Interpretations Therapy ActivityEarn 4 Reward Points
$1.99 Add to cart