Teaching “Insight” to Students with Social Pragmatic and Executive Function Deficits
This thematic 10 page packet was created to target the development of “insight” in students with average IQ, 8+ years of age, presenting with social pragmatic and executive function difficulties.
- Clients with Language Impairments
- Clients with Social Pragmatic Language Difficulties
- Clients with Executive Function Difficulties
- Clients with Psychiatric Impairments
- ODD, ADHD, MD, Anxiety, Depression, etc.
- Clients with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Clients with Nonverbal Learning Disability
- Clients with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Adult and pediatric post-Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) clients
- Clients with right-side CVA Damage
The packet contains 1 page text explaining the concept of insight to students.
It also contains 11 Tier II vocabulary words relevant to the discussion of insight and their simplified definitions. The words were selected based on course curriculum standards for several grade levels (fourth through seventh) due to their wide usage in a variety of subjects (social studies, science, math, etc.)
Language activities in this packet include:
- Explaining definitions
- Answering open-ended comprehension questions
- Sentence construction activity
- Crossword puzzle
- Two morphological awareness activities
- Define prefixes and suffixes
- Change word meanings by adding prefixes and suffixes to words
- Self-reflection page in written format contains questions for students to assist them with judging their own strengths and weaknesses related to academic performance
To read a detailed post, which describes how to use this packet click HERE.
Social Pragmatic Photo Bundle for Early Elementary Aged Children
$6.99Add to cart
Introduction to Social Pragmatic Language Disorders$6.99 Add to cart
Speech Language Assessment Checklist for School-Aged ChildrenRated 5.00 out of 5$10.99 Add to cart
Assessment and Treatment of Non-Verbal Language Disorder (NVLD) in Speech Language Pathology$16.99 Add to cart