Gauging Moods and Interpreting Abstract Emotional States
Overview: This 20 page social pragmatic photo/question set is intended for children 7+ years of age, who have difficulty recognizing abstract emotional states of others (beyond the “happy, mad, sad” option) and appropriately gauging their moods.
There are on average 12-15 questions per each photo. Each page contains a photograph of a person feeling a particular emotion.
- Clients with Language Impairments
- Clients with Social Pragmatic Language Difficulties
- Clients with Executive Function Difficulties
- Clients with Psychiatric Impairments
- ODD, ADHD, MD, Anxiety, Depression, etc.
- Clients with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Clients with Nonverbal Learning Disability
- Clients with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Adult and pediatric post-Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) clients
- Clients with right-side CVA Damage
After the student is presented with the photograph, they are asked a number of questions pertaining to the recognition of the person’s emotions, mood, the reason behind the emotion they are experiencing as well as what they could be potentially thinking at the moment.
This activity is suitable for both individual therapy sessions as well as group work.
In addition to its social pragmatic component is also intended to increase vocabulary knowledge and use as well as sentence length of children with language impairments.
Areas covered in this packet:
- Gauging Age (based on visual support and pre-existing knowledge)
- Gauging Moods (based on visual clues and context)
- Explaining Facial Expressions
- Making Social Predictions and Inferences (re: people’s emotions)
- Assuming First Person Perspectives
- Understanding Sympathy
- Vocabulary Knowledge and Use (pertaining to the concept of Emotional Intelligence)
- Semantic Flexibility (production of synonyms and antonyms)
- Complex Sentence Production
- Expression of Emotional Reactions
- Problem Solving Social Situations
- Friendship Management and Peer Relatedness
To read a detailed post, which describes the importance of developing student’s emotional intelligence containing additional information about this packet click HERE.
Social Pragmatic Photo/Question Set Sample$0.00 Add to cart
Psychiatric Disorders Bundle
$95.93Add to cart
Treatment of Social Pragmatic Deficits in School Aged Children (Updated)5.00 out of 5
$16.99Add to cart
Social Pragmatic Deficits Checklist for Preschool Children 3:0-5:11 years of age$8.99 Add to cart