Professional Consultation (1 Hour)
Professional consultation is a service provided to Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs) seeking specialized in-depth assessment and/or treatment recommendations regarding specific client cases or who are looking to further their professional education in the following specialization areas:
- Performing Independent Evaluations (IEEs) in/out Special Education Disputes
- Comprehensive Early Intervention Assessments of Monolingual and Bilingual Children
- Speech Language Assessment and Treatment of post-institutionalized Internationally Adopted Children
- Speech Language Assessment and Treatment of Children with Psychiatric and Emotional Disturbances
- Speech and Language Assessment and Treatment of Children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Assessment and Management of Social Pragmatic Language Disorders
- Speech Language Assessment and Treatment of Bilingual and Multicultural Children
- Speech Language Assessment and Treatment of Severely Cognitively Impaired Clients
- Speech Language Assessment and Treatment of Children with Genetic Disorders
- Records review: $25
- Teleconsultation via Skype: $150
Consultation Length: The initial consultation length is a 1 hour. In select cases, SLPs can forward de-identified client records prior to the consultation for review. In other cases recording a short video (~10 minutes) of the client in question is recommended. The instructions regarding video content will be provided to them following session payment.
The goal of this service is to facilitate the professional’s learning in the desired specialization area. Please note that the initial consultation may include literature, material and resource website recommendations. However, it will not include any Smart Speech Therapy LLC products that may be mentioned in response to specific queries during the course of the consultation.
Scheduling: Upon purchasing a consultation the client will be immediately emailed potential dates and times for the consultation to take place. Afternoon, Evening and Weekend hours are available for the client’s convenience. In cases of emergencies consultations may be rescheduled at the client’s/Smart Speech Therapy’s mutual convenience.
Refund Policy: Refunds are not available for this type of service. However, should the consultation last less than 1 hour, leftover time can be banked for future calls without any expiration limits. Call sessions can be requested as needed and conveyed in advance via email.